Creating customer-evangelists and growing retention with innovative customer education, enablement and learning programs.
An innovative, entrepreneurial executive with 15+ years’ experience in digital marketing, adult learning strategy, data-driven decision-making and product management. A startup-focused executive with a strong background in growing SaaS company customer base and stickiness, having grown student penetration in customers to over 4,000 just last year. Recognized for collaborative leadership style, crisis management, proactive approach, and a demonstrated ability to effectively translate complex software concepts into approachable content. A leader with a strong executive presence capable of partnering with diverse teams across an organization to build trust and achieve creative solutions to product challenges.
Areas of Expertise
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Instruction Design Strategy
- Project Management
- Product Management
- Adult Learning Theory
- Process Design / Improvement
- Innovative Learning Solutions
- Product Strategies & Marketing
- Turnaround / Crisis Management
- Big Data Analytics / Digital Marketing
- Budget Administration / P&L Management
- Event Management / Planning
- Staff Development Programs
- Team Building & Leadership
Clint Ivy Consulting – San Diego, CA
Principal (May 2018 – Current)
Independent consultant for instructional design, information architecture and education program design. Training services for the Tealium suite of products.
General Assembly – San Diego, CA
Instructor – Data Analytics (May 2018 – Current)
Introduction to Data Analytics course design and execution.
Tealium, Inc. – San Diego, CA
Senior Director of Global Education (9/2012 – 12/2017)
Created the vision, launched and produced global customer and partner learning solutions (Tealium University), oversaw a $250K annual event budget and the operational management of the Tealium University Bootcamp program.
Orchestrated instructional design, content production, marketing, event management, staff professional development, and mentorship in adult learning and technical training. Executed strategic program vision in collaboration with cross-functional teams and achieved primary/extended goals; recruited core team of software trainers and technical writers in addition to implementing eLearning solutions to drive efficiency in customer and partner on-boarding.
- Produced 100% year-over-year growth in student reach 5 years in a row, resulting in 4K students across 30+ bootcamps, three user conferences, 100+ webinars and 3,200+ hours of eLearning in 2017
- Established major partnerships with training facility vendors across the U.S. resulting in a 50% reduction in average event cost
- Increased paid attendance to training events from 10% in 2013 to 50% in 2017
- Grew self-service audience to 800+ students in a single year
- Achieved 1,000 students per instructor efficiency by optimizing training engagement across multiple channels and platforms
Tunewiki – Santa Monica, CA
Director of Analytics (8/2011 — 4/2012)
Directed a team of analysts in comprehensive data analytics and process improvements. Produced both customer acquisition performance analysis and in app usage analysis. Prototyped Hadoop platform for data analysis.
- Achieved 87% improvement in time-to-analysis by creating and driving company-wide process improvements and new technology adoption
the Rubicon Project f/k/a Fox Audience Network – Santa Monica, CA (2008-2011)
Director of Analytics (2/2011 – 8/2011)
Spearheaded cross-functional teams in data analysis and strategy formulation informed by real-world data and process enhancements. Collaborated in the development of data-driven business modeling to achieve sales and revenue goals.
- Reduced operating plan forecast error to within 10% of actuals by systematically reducing uncertainties
- Improved self-service segment visibility in order to create business growth through data transparency and increased analytic rigor
Director of MyAds Analytics (1/2010 – 2/2011)
Reduced lack of insight pain by driving visibility and transparency into the self-serve advertising business. Delivered improved insights into business health by producing daily and weekly dashboards. Developed the Lifetime-Value (LTV) model that enabled marketing to optimize channel spend and advertiser engagement.
Director of Strategic Media Analysis (7/2008 – 1/2010)
Championed data-driven decision-making model for the business. Produced new analytical and reporting frameworks that drove growth in new business verticals.
Senior Media Analyst (2/2008 – 7/2008)
Created new processes and reporting standards for the Performance Sales Group. Produced annual operating plans, budgets and new business models.
Visual Sciences, Inc – San Diego, CA
Senior Enterprise Technical Consultant (10/2006 – 1/2008)
Produced world-class, one-of-a-kind, web analytics implementations for enterprise customers. Trained customers in the use and management of Visual Sciences software, and analytics best practices.
The Walt Disney Company, Inc. – North Hollywood, CA (2000 – 2006)
Performance Analysis Manager & Site Search Producer (3/2003 — 10/2006)
Pioneered guided search on Disney.com driving improvements in the overall Guest experience and success rate of Guests achieving goals. Directed digital analytics program that produced weekly, monthly and annual analyses. Partnered with and trained Disney business units on the value and usage of digital analytics.
Senior Technical Project Manager (3/2000 — 3/2003)
Delivered enterprise-wide technology projects including: Disney.com site redesign (2000), Web Analytics implementation (2001), Ad Server migration (2002) and site search implementation (2004). Rescued the site sponsorship business by taking over the sponsorship production team and optimizing internal processes to ensure pixel-perfect delivery that met and exceeded sponsor goals.
Education and Credentials
Paleoanthropology University of New Mexico (1992 – 1997)
Certified Technical Professional Tealium Tag Management (2017)
Activities & Recognition
GLG Council Member (2016 – Present)
Professional Speaker, Digital & SaaS Industries (2005 – Present)
Surfrider Foundation Member (2012 – Present)
AAAS Member (2012 – Present)
Digital Analytics Association Member (2005 – Present)
Best Travel Integrated Advertising Campaign for the Hawaii Visitor & Convention Bureau Inclusion of Mini-Site in association with Lilo & Stitch Movie – Web Marketing Association (2003)